NAIC: Reinsurance Task Force
“The mission of the Reinsurance (E) Task Force is to monitor and coordinate activities and areas of interest, which overlap to some extent the charges of other working groups, specifically the International Insurance Relations (G) Committee.”
In 2012, the Reinsurance Task Force is charged with tasks including:
- Monitoring and coordinating activities and areas of interest that overlap with the charges of other NAIC groups, specifically the International Insurance Relations (G) Committee;
- Providing a forum for the consideration of reinsurance-related issues of public policy, and guidance to the Financial Regulation Standards and Accreditation (F) Committee with respect to key elements of the revised Credit for Reinsurance Model Law and Credit for Reinsurance Model Regulation to be considered for the purposes of the NAIC a Financial Regulation Standards and Accreditation program; developing an NAIC process to evaluate the reinsurance supervisory systems of non-U.S. jurisdictions;
- Forming a new NAIC group to provide advisory support and assistance to the states in the review of reinsurance collateral reduction applications;
- Monitoring the development of international principles, standards and guidance with respect to reinsurance; and
- Considering the impact of reinsurance-related federal legislation, including but not limited to the Nonadmitted and Reinsurance Reform Act and the Federal Insurance Office Act, and coordinate any appropriate NAIC action.